The Zildjian Company Currently has two positions available: Product Manager and Customer Service Representative. Please read below for details:
Zildjian, the global leader in cymbals and specialty percussion instruments, is looking for a Product Manager to join the oldest family run business in the United States. Zildjian uses proprietary processes to create cutting-edge acoustic and electronic musical instruments that provide timeless inspiration for the music community.
• Develops product strategies for Zildjian Branded products which includes analyzing and defining market segments, determining the appropriate product categories and appropriate channels of distribution
• Works collaboratively with R&D, Brand Marketing and Sales, in order to develop new products, line extensions, product refreshes to enhance the Zildjian Brand
• Fulfills role of Product Line Owner for assigned product categories for all channels and markets
• Contributes to the development of annual marketing plan in support of the Zildjian brand and executes the plan
• Responsible for product-line profitability
• Leads annual pricing exercise to ensure alignment with overall strategy
• Reviews SKU performance criteria by product line and manages accordingly
• Provides day-to-day support and liaison with supply-chain to ensure optimal product performance and minimize costs
• Collaborates with Sales and Manufacturing on product forecasts
• Defines market/sales programs in cooperation with Sales and Brand Management
• Customer visits and presentations as necessary in support of key account initiatives
• Aggressively manages the introduction and sunset of products ensuring optimal performance and minimizing inventory exposure
• Provides product information to sales, customer service and/or directly to consumers as needed
Experience / Education:
• 2-3+ years of product management experience
• Experience with developing and executing product line strategies - durable, manufactured products preferred
• Performance experience with percussion/drumming required- please indicate level of proficiency
• Experience working closely with engineering and operations in a manufacturing environment
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required
• Superior written, analytical , interpersonal and presentational communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Willingness to travel 25%
Zildjian provides an outstanding work environment with the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative /fast-paced/ organization. We provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: Andrea. NO CALLS PLEASE.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
Zildjian, the global leader in cymbals and specialty percussion instruments, is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join the oldest family run business in the United States. Zildjian uses proprietary processes to create cutting-edge acoustic and electronic musical instruments that provide timeless inspiration for the music community.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provide an effective link between the Zildjian Co., its sales representatives, dealers, distributors, and consumers; in regard to order processing, responding to inquiries concerning orders, products, pricing, warranty and availability information. Optimize sales through existing sales promotions and product knowledge.
• Manage order processing for a national account and/or act as “back up” for a national account (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Musicians Friend, Harris Teller, etc).
• Manage any necessary packing and shipping protocols within account guidelines.
• Manage order processing for U.S. Dealer accounts.
• Process orders, shipments, invoicing via EDI and within customer directed timelines.
• Research and process necessary adjustments to customers’ accounts.
• Convey any special handling requirements to OHL.
• Respond to customers’ inquiries, i.e. placing orders, requests for return authorizations, stock availability, requests for catalog/literature, status of orders, status of returned cymbal evaluation, verification of delivery, endorser information, product information/comparisons, invoice copies, account balance, A/R information, etc.
• Work with internal customers to communicate problems and issues that require resolution.
• Initiate calls to Zildjian dealers introducing Sales Promotions.
• Understand sales tools in place (promotions, discounts, etc) to encourage additional sales of cymbals and drumsticks.
• Work with outside Sales Reps to cover direct dealer customer base.
Zildjian provides an outstanding work environment with the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative /fast-paced/ organization. We provide excellent benefits and competitive compensation. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Andrea. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Thank you for your interest in Zildjian.