Sandy Gennaro was born and raised in NYC and currently resides in Staten Island NY.
Sandy has toured and/or recorded with:
- Bo Diddley: USA And European Tours as Musical Director
- Cyndi Lauper: 18 month "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Tour and "The Goonies" soundtrack.
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: Headline Tours of US and SE Asia. (Sandy's drumming is included on Joan's "Hit List" album.)
- The Pat Travers Band: recorded the "Radioactive" and "Black Pearl" (recorded and toured extensively for a 2 year period)
- Johnny Winter: USA headline dates.
- Joe Lynn Turner: USA headline dates.
- The Monkees: The 20th and 30th Anniversary Tours of the US, SE Asia and Japan, as well as the recording of "MonkeeMania" and "Monkees-Live in Las Vegas" CD's.
- Michael Bolton / Blackjack: US Tour and the "Blackjack" and "Worlds Apart" records.
- Benny Mardones: Sandy recorded the "Never Run, Never Hide" LP which included the Top 10 single: "Into The Night."
- The Mama's and Papa's: Headline tours of US, South America and Korea.
- Craaft: recorded the "Craaft" CD and toured Europe extensively as an opening act for Queen.
- Jon Paris: recorded his "Rock the Universe" and "Blue Planet" CD's.
Sandy has made numerous TV appearances including The Tonight Show, The Grammy Awards and American Music Awards, The MTV New Years Ball and David Letterman, among others. In addition, he is a "celebrity" councilor at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.
As an educator, Sandy has been teaching private lessons and giving master classes at The Drummers Collective in NYC since 1987. His specialty is Rock and Blues drumming and rhythm section master classes with emphasis on playing as a team, groove, meter, independence, reading, song charts and structure, double bass, career guidance, audition prep and the "Business of Music". His instructional DVD/Book "Drum Basics" has been certified platinum by Warner Brothers publishing. He has "tutored" Peter Criss of KISS for their CD/DVD recording with the Australian Symphony and for the KISS/Aerosmith Tour (2004). He has also assisted Matt Dillon in preparation for a movie role. Sandy is honored to have had the opportunity to assist in the "drumming rehabilitation" of Lionel Hampton after his stroke.