The Zildjian heritage originated with experimentation by Seventeenth Century alchemists whose quest for gold produced instead, an alloy with distinctive musical qualities. Today, centuries later, the Zildjian experience remains one of experimentation and discovery. Percussionists of all ages, levels and musical genres are part of that process. Zildjian is more than cymbals, drumsticks and mallets. It is about expression and sound. Welcome to the Zildjian experience.
The Zildjian Sound Palette
We know how difficult it is to choose your cymbal set up, so we designed this reference guide to help you choose the perfect instruments for your educational needs. Whether it is a Jazz Band, Orchestra, Concert Band, Marching Band or Percussion Ensemble, there are Zildjian Cymbals for every imaginable application. Zildjian will help you get started, and find your voice.
A ZILDJIAN, A CUSTOM, FX, K ZILDJIAN, K CUSTOM, KEROPE, K CONSTANTINOPLE
- Cast Bronze cymbals are individually poured and cast from raw molten metal.
- Each casting is cooled and sorted by weight for each cymbal model.
- Castings are then put through a complex sequence of heating, rolling, shaping, hammering, and lathing techniques unique to each cymbal range.
- Cast Bronze cymbals have a rich, full-bodied sound that improves with age.
- They also have greater projection, clarity and durability than any other cymbals.
- Zildjian cast cymbals are made from the Zildjian secret alloy, which is comprised of 80% copper, 20% tin, and traces of silver.
- Bronze cymbals begin as pre-formed disks cut from metal with uniform thickness.
- Precision hammering and shaping pummels cymbal discs, loosening the alloy's molecular structure and freeing up its distinctive tone.
- Bronze cymbals have a very fast response with a quick decay.
- They have excellent durability and a consistent sound within each respective model.
- Affordably priced, Bronze cymbals are an ideal first cymbal choice.