Zildjian is excited to bring you the news that top Zildjian Cymbal and Drumstick Artist, Ben Gordon and his band Parkway Drive, were honoured in the "Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Album" category at the 2010 ARIA Awards, by winning this top Award.
Ben had this to say:
"It's a great feeling to win an ARIA Award. For a band as heavy as us it's something you don't even think about or consider to be possible. This is the first year that they have ever had a "Best Hard Rock / Heavy Metal Album" category so it's nice to finally see the Australian mainstream music scene giving heavy bands some attention.
We took a bit of a gamble recording Deep blue. We stepped away from the standard over produced metal sound and went with a much more raw and natural sound which isn't really heard in metal these days. Our producer Joe Barresi did an amazing job, especially considering he had never recorded any bands as heavy as us before. For me personally it was the most challenging thing I have ever done as I couldn't rely on computers to tighten up my playing like previous recordings. Everything you hear on the album I had to play exactly how it sounds. At times it was frustrating but in the end much more rewarding. So for Deep blue to be as well received as it has been is really a satisfying feeling. Thanks so much to all the people who have supported us over the years and been such loyal fans. You guys are the reason why we are where we are."
The ARIA Awards, an annual awards night celebrating the Australian music industry, organised by the Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA), took place on Sunday 7 November 2010 at the Sydney Opera House and were broadcast on Australia's MTV and Network Ten.
Congratulations to Ben, Parkway Drive, and all of the Zildjian winners and nominees:
2010 ARIA Awards Winners
- Best Male Artist: Dan Sultan - Get Out While You Can (Pete Marin)
- Best Group: The Temper Trap - Love Lost (Toby Dundas)
- Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Album: Parkway Drive - Deep Blue (Ben Gordon)
- Most Popular Australian Single: The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition" (Liberation Music) (Toby Dundas)
- Most Popular Australian Album: Powderfinger - Golden Rule (Jon Coghill)
- Most Popular Australian Artist: Powderfinger - Golden Rule (Jon Coghill)
- Best Blues & Roots Album: Dan Sultan - Get Out While You Can (Pete Marin)
For more information, visit www.ARIAAwards.com.au