Zildjian and Rock n Roll Resort present The Zildjian Rock Room. Rock n Roll Resort's Battle of the Bands event over the April 1-3, 2011 weekend is quickly establishing itself as a showcase for the East Coast's next big sound.
In addition to deeply discounted room rates and the opportunity to secure a spot on a future Rock n Roll Resort stage, Battle of the Bands participants also receive the following:
- Band name on the RockNRollResort.com website, on all future promo materials, merchandise, posters, and shirts
- Personal photo shoot at the April 1-3, 2011 Rock n Roll Resort with one of RRR's nationally published photographers
- Band names added to the national press releases and media announcements
- Private Battle of the Bands green room stocked with free beverages and munchies
- 2nd & 3rd place winners for the on-site competition receive Zildjian Ts, sticks & other prizes
- The grand prize winner for the on-site portion of the competition will win a 'gently jammed' set of Zildjian cymbals!
(consisting of a ride, hihats, two crashes, and china or EFX)
- The overall winner of the BotB earns a paid slot at the next Rock n Roll Resort!
A full, one-hour performance slot gives bands an opportunity to play and be heard. Fans and musicians alike will be in the audience judging what the bands have to offer. For more information on the battle of the bands, please visit the official Battle of the Bands link.
"Over the years we've noticed that so many 'super fans' of music are also accomplished musicians themselves,” explains the owner of Wicked Cool Productions. "While putting together this festival, we started talking with the artists about backing a ʻfan jamʼ and before we knew it, it all came together: the Open Mic, a Battle of the Bands, and of course, The Super Jam! Weʼve already had great interest in the BotB. The first band to signup was SOULBOT from the San Francisco Bay area. Theyʼre a ʻLivetronica Funk-Stepʼ band. We canʼt wait to see the different bands and the diverse musical stylings this opportunity brings.” Rock n Roll Resort promises to offer a unique festival experience; designed BY fans FOR fans, it is the ultimate, high-end, music destination event. For more information, go to Rock n Roll Resort.