Continuing its ongoing support of and commitment to aspiring artists, Guitar Center, the world’s largest musical instrument retailer, announced the launch of the
23rd Annual Guitar Center's Drum-Off - the nationwide search for the next great undiscovered drummer.
Watch the video announcement here!
Drummers from across the US can sign-up at any of Guitar Center’s 220 stores for the chance to participate in the world’s largest drum competition, vying for thousands of dollars in prizes and the coveted title of Guitar Center’s Drum-Off Champion. All store, district, and regional finalists will win significant prize packages including instruments, drum equipment and accessories, and gift cards from Guitar Center and key sponsors. The grand prize package, valued at nearly $50,000, includes:
• $25,000 Cash
• Complete Set of Cymbals from Zildjian
• Cymbal Endorsement Deal with Zildjian
• Custom Drum Kit (Gretsch, OCDP, Tama, Pearl or DW)
• Drum Kit Endorsement Deal (Gretsch, OCDP, Tama, Pearl, or DW)
• Drumhead Endorsement Deal
• Stick Endorsement Deal with Vic Firth
• Roland TD-20SX Electronic Kit & PM30
• Audix DP7 Drum Microphone Pack
• $500 Converse Gift Card
• Feature in Modern Drummer Magazine
• 2012 NAMM VIP Experience
• Trip to New York to record at the Converse Rubber Track Studios
"For over two decades, Guitar Center’s annual Drum-Off competition has provided a public platform for some of today’s greatest unsung drummers — in many cases even launching professional careers," said Dustin Hinz, Director of Music and Entertainment Marketing for Guitar Center. "As with past years, it’s always a thrill to witness such an amazing group of talented artists and be able to provide thousands of undiscovered drummers a real chance to take their musical careers to the next level."