NEW ACCESS TOOL
The new Zildjian Gen16 Access Tool for the Digital Cymbal Processor (DCP) improves the Gen16 system by using common "drummer friendly” terms and easily to use controls. Paired down to two screens, the new Zildjian Gen16 Access Tool lets drummers customize the powerful DSP effects in the Digital Cymbal Processor for personalized sounds.
- iOS: v9.3.1x and 10x ( Recommended accessory to connect iOS device to the Digital Cymbal Processor: Lightning to USB camera adapter and Lightning to USB3 camera adapter)
- MacOS: v10.9x, 10.10x, 10.11x and 10.12x
- PC OS: Windows 7 SP1x, Window 8.1x and Windows 10 (Both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows are supported)
Total Cymbal Tone Shape/Kit Presets:
- 99 Cymbal Tone Shape Preset per channel (HiHat-Cym-5)
- 99 Kit Presets “kit mode”
Information on Cymbal Tone Shapes/Kit Presets 1-23:
- Cymbal Tone Shapes/Kit Presets 1-10 are comprised of Zildjian factory settings for the DCP, that are more neutral sounding.
- Cymbal Tone Shape /Kit Presets 11-16 are Russ Miller’s Signature Tone Shapes, these particular presets favor darker and warmer sounds.
- Cymbal Tones Shapes/Kit Presets 17-23 were designed by Simon Edgoose and these presets are brighter for a more cutting sound.
- User Cymbal Tone Shape/Kit Preset Slots: 24-99
These slots are available for making custom Cymbal Tone Shapes and Kit Presets.
Firmware Update information:
- The firmware updater is built in to the Access Tool along with the 1-23 Cymbal Tone Shape/Kit Presets and the Access Tool will check to see if your DCP is running the latest software. If not it will update the DCP to work with the Access Tool. Note: All previous/older user data will be overwritten to work with the Access Tool.
Current Access Tool Version Available for Download:
- Version 5.0.0, Released June 20th, 2017
LEGACY ACCESS TOOL
When your DCP is connected to your computer via USB with the DCP Access Tool, you can check your Cymbal Processor's software and hardware version numbers. You can also check the Gen16 servers for available upgrades, upgrade your Cymbal Processor's firmware, and upload new cymbal and reverb DSP presets to it.
The Access Tool application can also display a variety of information about your Cymbal Processor such as its firmware and hardware versions, which may be important if you ever need to contact Gen16 Tech Support.
The Access Tool will automatically check for DCP firmware updates on launch if a DCP is connected and an internet connection is available. You can also check manually at any time by selecting "Check for Updates" in the Access Tool's "Help" menu. If updates are available, the Access Tool will guide you through the download and installation process.
- Macintosh OS X v10.4 (Tiger) or higher, Intel processor only
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8
Download the file below and open it with the Access Tool while the DCP is connected to your computer.
The installation wizard will guide you through the update process.
Note: The last update firmware that the Access Tool will recognize through automatic updates is
2.1.3. Any updates after this need to be installed manually.
DCP Firmware 3.1.0
The presets in this update require DSP firmware 1.5.8 or higher. If your DSP firmware needs to be updated, the auto-upgrade system will notify you separately.
Access Tool 3.2.0 or later must be used to administer this update.
The update includes 10 presets and 13 reverbs designed for the Direct Source Pickups.
"Cym3" and "Cym4" contain crash tone shapes
"Cym5" contains china tone shapes
Changes since v2.1.3:
- DCP output is briefly muted when changing tone shapes
- AE Microphone Pickup tone shapes have been removed
- 10 improved presets for the Direct Source Pickups