Director, Business Analysis
This is a new position responsible for increasing the level of analytical decision support across the organization, partnering with the management team on high profile growth, innovation and profit improvement initiatives, and strengthening the strategic and business planning processes. The Director, Business Analysis will assist the CFO and management team weave fiscal discipline, fact-based decision making and key performance metrics into the fabric of the company.
This is a hands-on, sole contributor role with a “seat at the table” that extends beyond the analysis and reporting of financial, commercial and operating performance. The successful candidate will combine his/her extensive business experience with predictive analytics to add value in the development and execution of business initiatives across all functions of the organization. The role requires a well-balanced team player with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” work style, extensive financial, operational and commercial experience and superior analytical and quantitative reasoning skills. The Director, Business Analysis must be as comfortable partnering with the Executive Team on strategic issues, as he/she is diving into details, synthesizing data into actionable information and communicating findings and recommendations in non-technical terms to business partners, the Executive Team and Board of Advisors.
The Director, Business Analysis will assist in mergers & acquisitions and enterprise valuation exercises, lead ad hoc special projects, participate in the demand planning process and assist the CFO and VP, Corporate Controller in the development of the Annual Operating Plan.
This position will interact with all levels of the organization and requires a strong combination of interpersonal skills, business acumen and technical competencies to gain respect and influence direction. The role requires exceptional quantitative and abstract reasoning skills, data mining capabilities, experience leading pricing and competitive analyses, developing product costs, leading cost reduction efforts and evaluating business proposals through DCF Modeling and ROI analyses.
- Build trust, credibility and effective working relationships, within the Zildjian and Vic Firth culture, with the Executive Team, internal business partners, functional heads and third parties.
- Collaborate on assigned projects ensuring business proposals are thoroughly vetted through rigorous analysis, recommendations are supported by strategic and quantitative rationale, and financial, operational and/or commercial goals are committed to, tracked and delivered.
- Participate in the Strategic and Operational Business Planning processes.
- Prepare insightful analyses on industry, competitive and emerging retail trends to identify new or adjacent category expansion opportunities, and provide regular insights on the brand’s commercial performance to drive growth and profit on existing products, channels and accounts.
- Analyze Manufacturing and Supply Chain Performance, identifying issues and opportunities in production, sourcing, warehousing and distribution, and recommend productivity, cost reduction, and demand planning/inventory improvements. Lead and/or support implementation, as assigned.
- Collaborate with the Brand Activation/Marketing teams to review and analyze Social Media, Web Traffic and Ad campaigns, tying-in shipment and sell-through results to accelerate conversion.
- As the finance member in the New Product Development process; assist the Product Management and R&D teams maintain a multi-year new product pipeline and participate in the development of well thought out business plans, sales projections, cannibalization estimates, pricing, product costings, trade and consumer spending, supported by DCF and ROI modeling.
- Manage the Capital Investment and Appropriation Request process, assisting with assumption vetting and analytical support, if needed, and as the initial reviewer in the approval process.
- Become fully proficient in the use of new and existing software applications, including Infor Syteline (ERP System), SQL, Cognos, advanced Excel programing, Simply Measured (Internet / Social Media), Statistical software and other systems and sources, as identified.
- Lead ad hoc special projects and initiatives, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree with concentration in Finance, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum of 10 - 12 years’ experience in branded consumer goods businesses - or years mixed with top-tier consulting firms - providing in-depth finance, business planning and analytical decision support.
- Extensive experience partnering with, and supporting, the Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions in both domestic and international businesses with multi-site operations.
- Skilled at working independently and leading cross-functional project teams in multiple locations.
- Out of the box thinker, able to design and develop creative and innovative business solutions.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in business and quantitative analytics.
- Exceptional systems and technical competencies, and a Microsoft Excel power user.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits.
- Local candidates preferred.