- "Zebbie's Dance" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- "Zodin" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- Comparing Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Brian Dinkel & the Blue Devils
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Iain Moyer
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Rob Ferguson
- Ed Choi: Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Evolution of Listening with Quincy Davis
- Inside the Music with the Kracken Quartet
- Interview with Australian Artist Vanessa Tomlinson
- Joseph Schwantner's "Fast Forward" featuring Michael Burritt
- Konrad Graf: Cymbal Selection and Performance Techniques
- Larnell Lewis Zildjian Live Transcription
- Modern Solos Jazz Solos for Drum Set by Rich Thompson - "Adam's Air"
- Profiles in Percussion with Chicago Symphony Percussionist Patsy Dash
- Profiles in Percussion with Garry Kvistad
- Profiles in Percussion with Garwood Whaley
- Profiles in Percussion with Henrique De Almeida
- Profiles in Percussion with James Campbell
- Profiles in Percussion with James Ross
- Profiles in Percussion with Michael Burritt, Eastman School of Music
Inside the Music with the Kracken Quartet
Exclusive Performance Video and Interview with the Kracken Quartet
A massive force of percussion and electronics, The Kraken Quartet is known for their breadth of musical styles and sounds. Since their debut album 'Separate | Migrate' in 2017, the group has lent their unique character to recordings with TTNG, Hikes, and more. The group has performed dozens of shows across the US and Canada, and been featured performers on festivals including SXSW and AIM Fest.
Mark Wessels recently had the opportunity to record one of their latest works entitled "Hook N Loop" and sat down to talk with members of the ensemble about their path from traditional to experimental music, the use of lighting and modified percussion to create a truly unique voice in percussion chamber music.
"Hook N Loop" was recorded at Springdale Station, Austin TX. Audio recorded, mixed, and mastered by Sean Harvey
ABOUT THE KRACKEN QUARTET
A massive force of percussion and electronics, The Kraken Quartet is a genre-crossing group known for its highly energetic and engaging performances. Since their formation in 2012, the Austin-based band has been heralded for merging elements of minimalism, math-rock, indie, post-rock, electronica, and the avant-garde. Embracing this diverse sound, the group has shared the stage with a wide range of artists including So Percussion, Dirty Projectors, TTNG, Sandbox Percussion, Tim Feeney, Matthew Duvall, El Ten Eleven, and Elliot Cole. Maintaining an active touring calendar, The Kraken Quartet has performed over 100 concerts across the US and Canada, and has been featured on festivals and broadcasts including South by Southwest, Audiotree Live, Fast Forward Austin, SoFar Sounds, Austin Instrumental Music Festival, WNYC, KUTX, and more. The group has presented masterclasses at CalArts, UT Austin, Ithaca College, and more. Their upcoming EP ‘Backdrop’ is available April 3.
The Kraken Quartet is Chris Demetriou, Andrew Dobos, Taylor Eddinger, and Sean Harvey. For up-to-date touring and recording information, visit them online: