- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Groove Break Down
- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Lesson with Stanton Moore
- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Transcription
- Dennis Chambers Zildjian Live Transcription
- Gergo Borlai Zildjian Live Transcription
- JD Beck Zildjian Live Transcription
- Marcus Gilmore Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Marcus Gilmore Zildjian Live Transcription
- Matt Greiner Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Matt Greiner Zildjian Live Transcription
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Groove Break Down
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Lesson with Ash Soan
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Transcription
Marcus Gilmore Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
Much has been made of his being the grandson of drum god Roy Haynes. And not without reason—he received his formative lessons at Mr. Snap Crackle and Pop’s knee. But he’s indisputably defined his own space on the jazz landscape as well, aggressively looking to the future while obsessively drawing inspiration from the original sources of our art. When your grandfather is one of the most revered jazz drummers of all time, the notion “better get it in your soul” is something that happens naturally, like drinking water.
Marcus has the resume one would expect to see of a drummer decades older. He has performed with Steve Coleman, Ravi Coltrane, Branford Marsalis, Chick Corea, Roy Hargrove, Christian Scott and many others.
Mike has been a professional drummer for over 30 years having studied with some of the greatest teachers including Kenny Clare, Max Abrams and Bob Armstrong. He has worked in a variety of musical situations, including studio, TV, musical theatre and backing cabaret covers bands and continues to contribute to the global drumming community.
After ending a 10 year residence at The Talk Of London, Mike set up his own studio in North London teaching and helping many professional students and teachers including Brian Bennett (The Shadows), Cherisse Osei (Mika), Kapil Trivedi (Mystery Jets), Steve Forrest (Placebo), Mark Richardson (Skunk), Emily Dolan Davies (Bryan Ferry/ Tricky) just to name but a few.
Mike consults for several major record labels and management companies, along with various TV stations, coordinating drum features for the BBC, CBBC and ITV.
In 2000 Mike wrote the tutor book “Rhythm and Fills” which is now one of the biggest selling drum tutor books in Europe. But he has yet found the time to write book 2 which is still in manuscript.
In October 2011 Mike was asked to coordinate, audition and teach the 1000 drummers for the London Olympics 2012 opening ceremony, an experience that he says was one of the highlights of his career. ” To coordinate that number of drummers and then play on what is reported to be the biggest TV audience of all time was a true honour and one that I will never forget”.
After the olympics Mike started getting known as the guy to do “big mass drumming features” and worked for UEFA to co-ordinate the 500 drummers for the UEFA London champions final at Wembley in 2013. 2014 Mike then had a call from Hans Zimmer to co-ordinate the drum features in Hans first ever solo concerts in London featuring Johnny Marr, Lebo M and Pheriel Williams.
In 2019, Mike served as the Master of Ceremonies for the first Zildjian Live! show, recorded at East-West Studios in Hollywood California. Check out Mike's website for industry news, interviews, lessons and much more!
MARCUS' GO-TO CYMBALS
- K Custom Special Dry RidesStarting at $484.95
- K Constantinople CrashesStarting at $419.95
- K Custom Hybrid HiHatsStarting at $254.95