- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Groove Break Down
- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Lesson with Stanton Moore
- Ash Soan Zildjian Live Transcription
- Dennis Chambers Zildjian Live Transcription
- Gergo Borlai Zildjian Live Transcription
- JD Beck Zildjian Live Transcription
- Marcus Gilmore Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Marcus Gilmore Zildjian Live Transcription
- Matt Greiner Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Matt Greiner Zildjian Live Transcription
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Groove Break Down
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Lesson with Ash Soan
- Stanton Moore Zildjian Live Transcription
Matt Greiner Zildjian Live Interview with Mike Dolbear
"I started playing drums in church when I was 15 years old. I always loved metal music because the drumming seemed to be so challenging and creative! I started August Burns Red when I was 17 with some friends in high-school and it's been my full time career for 13 years now! I'm very fortunate to be able to travel the world and play drums. I'm challenged by drumming just as much as I was the day I first picked up sticks and I'm in love with it more and more every day."
Check out Matt's website for more background or to book a Skype video lesson! https://mattgreinerlessons.com/
Mike has been a professional drummer for over 30 years having studied with some of the greatest teachers including Kenny Clare, Max Abrams and Bob Armstrong. He has worked in a variety of musical situations, including studio, TV, musical theatre and backing cabaret covers bands and continues to contribute to the global drumming community.
After ending a 10 year residence at The Talk Of London, Mike set up his own studio in North London teaching and helping many professional students and teachers including Brian Bennett (The Shadows), Cherisse Osei (Mika), Kapil Trivedi (Mystery Jets), Steve Forrest (Placebo), Mark Richardson (Skunk), Emily Dolan Davies (Bryan Ferry/ Tricky) just to name but a few.
Mike consults for several major record labels and management companies, along with various TV stations, coordinating drum features for the BBC, CBBC and ITV.
In 2000 Mike wrote the tutor book “Rhythm and Fills” which is now one of the biggest selling drum tutor books in Europe. But he has yet found the time to write book 2 which is still in manuscript.
In October 2011 Mike was asked to coordinate, audition and teach the 1000 drummers for the London Olympics 2012 opening ceremony, an experience that he says was one of the highlights of his career. ” To coordinate that number of drummers and then play on what is reported to be the biggest TV audience of all time was a true honour and one that I will never forget”.
After the olympics Mike started getting known as the guy to do “big mass drumming features” and worked for UEFA to co-ordinate the 500 drummers for the UEFA London champions final at Wembley in 2013. 2014 Mike then had a call from Hans Zimmer to co-ordinate the drum features in Hans first ever solo concerts in London featuring Johnny Marr, Lebo M and Pheriel Williams.
In 2019, Mike served as the Master of Ceremonies for the first Zildjian Live! show, recorded at East-West Studios in Hollywood California. Check out Mike's website for industry news, interviews, lessons and much more!
MATT'S GO-TO CYMBALS
- A Custom Mastersound HiHatsStarting at $244.95
- A Custom CrashesStarting at $249.95
- FX China TrashesStarting at $154.95
- FX Trash SplashesStarting at $149.95