- Groove Library 01: Quarter Note Ride Pattern
- Groove Library 02: Eighth Note Ride Pattern
- Lesson 01: Your First Rock Beat
- Lesson 02: Learn About Drumsticks
- Lesson 03: The Grip and Proper Setup
- Lesson 04: Learning the Basic Stroke
- Lesson 05: Introducing The Snare Drum
- Lesson 06: Bass Drum Pedal Technique
- Lesson 07: Introducing the Hi-Hat
- Lesson 08: Hi-Hat Foot Techniques
- Lesson 09: Music Notation
- Lesson 10: 8th Note Rock Beats
- Lesson 11: The Crash Cymbal
- Lesson 12: Drum Fills and the Flam
- Lesson 13: The Ride Cymbal
- Lesson 14: Introducing The Toms
- Lesson 15: Tom Grooves and Fills & 16th Notes
- Lesson 16: Open Hi-Hat Sizzle Sounds
- Lesson 17: New Stroke Styles, Accent Patterns, 8th Rest
- Lesson 18: Syncopated Left Hand 16ths, Buzz Roll, Drag
- Lesson 19: Syncopated Bass Drum Beats, Rimshot, New Implements
- Lesson 20: 16th Note Ride Pattern, Musical Song Form
- Zildjian Drum Set Method: Elastic Subdivisions
Groove Library 02: Eighth Note Ride Pattern
LEVEL ONE: BEGINNER
Zildjian Educational Artist Nick Costa breaks down the grooves from the Eighth Note Ride Pattern section of the Zildjian Drum Set Method GROOVE LIBRARY on page 50. Each groove is explained and demonstrated at a slow, medium and fast tempo, along with backing tracks so that you can play along and "learn while you drum!"
EIGHTH NOTE RIDE PATTERN GROOVE LESSONS
WITH SNARE DRUM DOWNBEATS
ABOUT NICK COSTA
Nick Costa is an educator based out of Philadelphia, a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS) candidate, and a member of the Percussive Arts Society’s Drum Set Committee. He is also an independent drummer, clinician, and drum technician with both national and international touring experience. Nick has focused on providing ways to integrate drum set studies into K-12 Music curriculum, and is an active session musician engineering and recording drum tracks remotely from his studio.
As an educator, Nick has focused on providing ways to integrate drum set studies into k-12 music curriculum to bridge the gap between general and instrumental music studies. He has also played a pivotal role in integrating “Modern Band” curriculum for the School District of Philadelphia by creating relationships with Conn-Selmer, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks, Remo Heads to outsource all 220 schools with drum sets. The School District of Philadelphia’s music education model is what motivated the Pennsylvania Department of Education to create and implement “Modern Band” into the State's music curriculum. Nick is assisting with drum set content as the curriculum is implemented throughout the state of Pennsylvania. Additionally, Nick has also written and recorded lessons for Modern Drummer Magazine, and the Percussive Arts Society’s Rhythm!Scene.
From lessons and clinics to recording drum tracks, you can find out more information about Nick on his website:
ARE YOU READY TO LEARN MORE?
Check out "A Fresh Approach to the Drumset" by Mark Wessels!
The author of the ZILDJIAN DRUM SET METHOD brings you one of the most comprehensive books available for taking your drumming to the next level! Dive deeper into rudimental technique, music reading, independence and grooves! From more advanced funk grooves to Blues, 12/8 Rock, Shuffles, Jazz and Hip-hop to Afro-Cuban, Brazilian and Caribbean styles, you'll learn everything you need to know in the same step-by-step approach that you've learned in the Zildjian Drum Set Method! This wealth of knowledge is a fantastic resource - whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced drummer!
For more information, please visit:
- Basic Drumstick Bag$24.95
- Chrome Drum Key w/ Zildjian Trademark$10.95
WANT SOME INSPIRATION?
CHECK OUT AARON SPEARS FROM ZILDJIAN LIVE!
ABOUT THE ZILDJIAN DRUM SET METHOD:
The Zildjian Company has been synonymous with setting the standard for the development and manufacture of high performance musical instruments since 1623. As the world’s leading maker of cymbals, drumsticks, and percussion mallets, Zildjian products are sold across the globe, under the Zildjian, Vic Firth, and Balter brands, and are the standard to which all other cymbals, drumsticks and mallets are measured. From the beginner to the world’s greatest rock stars, jazz performers and concert percussionists, amateurs and pros alike choose Zildjian, Vic Firth, and Balter products to allow them to experience and share the joy of music.
The vision of the Avedis Zildjian Company is to INSPIRE PEOPLE TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES THROUGH MUSIC. With this project, our desire is to produce high-quality, FREE content available to as many potential drummers as possible, making the pathway towards learning to play the drums FUN. Our goal is for you to fall in love with making music, just as we have!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE AVEDIS ZILDJIAN COMPANY