- "Zebbie's Dance" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- "Zodin" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- Comparing Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Brian Dinkel & the Blue Devils
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Iain Moyer
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Rob Ferguson
- Ed Choi: Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Evolution of Listening with Quincy Davis
- Inside the Music with the Kracken Quartet
- Interview with Australian Artist Vanessa Tomlinson
- Joseph Schwantner's "Fast Forward" featuring Michael Burritt
- Konrad Graf: Cymbal Selection and Performance Techniques
- Larnell Lewis Zildjian Live Transcription
- Modern Solos Jazz Solos for Drum Set by Rich Thompson - "Adam's Air"
- Profiles in Percussion with Chicago Symphony Percussionist Patsy Dash
- Profiles in Percussion with Garry Kvistad
- Profiles in Percussion with Garwood Whaley
- Profiles in Percussion with Henrique De Almeida
- Profiles in Percussion with James Campbell
- Profiles in Percussion with James Ross
- Profiles in Percussion with Michael Burritt, Eastman School of Music
Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Iain Moyer
CYMBAL SELECTION IN THE FRONT ENSEMBLE
with Iain Moyer, Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps
The unique sounds of a drum corps, marching band or indoor percussion ensemble can be drastically altered by the multitude of percussive sounds that are available to the front ensemble arranger and instructor. From the dark, massive wash of simultaneous cymbal and gong rolls to the shimmering ethereal sounds of a thin splash, the color palette is virtually limitless.
Iain Moyer, Front Ensemble Arranger and Composer discusses his perspective for selecting the Zildjian instruments that make up the 2021 show, “Zoom.”
WE CAUGHT UP WITH IAIN DURING THE LAST WEEK OF DCI TOUR IN 2021
Dr. Iain Moyer has served as the Front Ensemble Arranger for The Boston Crusaders since 2017. Previously, Moyer has served on the Percussion Staff of The Cadets as an arranger and instructor. During Moyer’s tenure, The Cadets won their 10th DCI World Championship in 2011 and the Cadets Percussion section received the 2013 Fred Sanford Award for Best Percussion Performance.
Moyer is the Director of Athletic Bands and Music Programs Recruiter at Widener University. As Director of Athletic Bands, he oversees all aspects of the Widener University Marching Band and Basketball Pep Band. Moyer also directs the Widener Percussion Ensemble and teaches private lessons.
Iain holds a B.M. in Education from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, a M.M. in Percussion Performance from the University of Oklahoma, and a D.M.A. in Percussion Performance from the University of Oklahoma. Moyer is a signature artist with Vic Firth and is endorsed by Remo, Yamaha, and Zildjian.