- "Zebbie's Dance" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- "Zodin" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- Comparing Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Brian Dinkel & the Blue Devils
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Iain Moyer
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Rob Ferguson
- Ed Choi: Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Evolution of Listening with Quincy Davis
- Inside the Music with the Kracken Quartet
- Interview with Australian Artist Vanessa Tomlinson
- Joseph Schwantner's "Fast Forward" featuring Michael Burritt
- Konrad Graf: Cymbal Selection and Performance Techniques
- Larnell Lewis Zildjian Live Transcription
- Modern Solos Jazz Solos for Drum Set by Rich Thompson - "Adam's Air"
- Profiles in Percussion with Chicago Symphony Percussionist Patsy Dash
- Profiles in Percussion with Garry Kvistad
- Profiles in Percussion with Garwood Whaley
- Profiles in Percussion with Henrique De Almeida
- Profiles in Percussion with James Campbell
- Profiles in Percussion with James Ross
- Profiles in Percussion with Michael Burritt, Eastman School of Music
Profiles in Percussion with James Ross
PROFILES IN PERCUSSION
Artist Spotlight with James Ross
James Ross became a member of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in 1979 and since that time he has performed thousands of concerts with the orchestra, both at its home in Symphony Center and in literally every corner of the globe. In addition, he has been a soloist with the CSO and has also frequently participated in the orchestra’s various chamber and new music ensembles.
Ross is a longtime and devoted teacher, having given clinics and masterclasses at the Percussive Arts Society International Convention as well as colleges and conservatories throughout the United States and abroad. He is a coach for the Chicago Civic Orchestra and is on the percussion faculty at the Eastman School of Music.
PROFILES IN PERCUSSION
To celebrate his 23-year tenure with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Keith Aleo sits down with legendary percussionist James Ross to discuss his musical journey and lessons learned – from his early development with his father (who was also an orchestral percussionist) and mother (who worked as a marimba soloist) to years of insights learned from fellow musicians and conductors of the CSO. Don't miss Jim's recommendations for young students as they prepare for a lifetime of making music.