- "Zebbie's Dance" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- "Zodin" featuring the Ohio State University Percussion Ensemble
- Comparing Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Brian Dinkel & the Blue Devils
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Iain Moyer
- Cymbal Selection in the Front Ensemble with Rob Ferguson
- Ed Choi: Cymbal Selection in the Orchestral Literature
- Evolution of Listening with Quincy Davis
- Inside the Music with the Kracken Quartet
- Interview with Australian Artist Vanessa Tomlinson
- Joseph Schwantner's "Fast Forward" featuring Michael Burritt
- Konrad Graf: Cymbal Selection and Performance Techniques
- Larnell Lewis Zildjian Live Transcription
- Modern Solos Jazz Solos for Drum Set by Rich Thompson - "Adam's Air"
- Profiles in Percussion with Chicago Symphony Percussionist Patsy Dash
- Profiles in Percussion with Garry Kvistad
- Profiles in Percussion with Garwood Whaley
- Profiles in Percussion with Henrique De Almeida
- Profiles in Percussion with James Campbell
- Profiles in Percussion with James Ross
- Profiles in Percussion with Michael Burritt, Eastman School of Music
Profiles in Percussion with Henrique De Almeida
PROFILES IN PERCUSSION
Artist Spotlight with Henrique De Almeida
Henrique De Almeida has lived an amazing life (so far) and has so many insights learned from his drumming career that it's tough to nail it all down! From a childhood of playing percussion with his family and musical community in Recifie, Brazil to landing a professional touring gig with a major pop star in his early teens, Henrique went on to study drums and jazz composition at The Berklee College of Music and received his Masters degree at the University of Southern Mississippi, where he studied with Dr. John Wooton. After college, he recorded and toured nationally and internationally with the acclaimed United States Air Force Academy Falconaires Contemporary Big Band and The USAFA rock band Blue Steel, became a professor at Berklee, designed over 30 drum set courses, and has written 9 books. Currently, he is the music director and president of TheDrumSetCoach.com and The Drum Set Coach Academy.
Mark Wessels sat down with Henrique to talk about what he's learned through his incredible journey and to catch up with his plans for the future.
HENRIQUE DE ALMEIDA
Professor De Almeida holds a Master’s Degree in Music Performance from The University of Southern Mississippi. He is also a graduate of The Berklee College of Music in Jazz Composition. He is the leader of his own groups. Triplicate Jazz Trio, and the Jazz Fusion super group, The Truth Project Band. Henrique sponsored by Humes & Berg drum cases, Sonor Drums, LP Percussion, DW, Vic Firth Sticks, Zildjian cymbals, Evans drumheads and Earthworks Microphones.
An accomplished author and published clinician Henrique’s educational products are often ranked high in Modern Drummer Magazine (Rated 4.5 star- Double Bass Integration for The Jazz Fusion Drummer). His books are an integral part of the Berklee College of Music curriculum and are currently available through the top publishing companies such Berklee Press, Hal Leonard, Carl Fischer, Amazon.com and online schools such as Drumeo-Canada. In 2017, Henrique became the music director and president of the online school TheDrumSetCoach.com.
Henrique is in high demand as a teacher, producer/composer and a sought-after artist. He has been approached by shows such as ABC’s - “Dancing with The Stars” and other enterprises. He is constantly delivering high-praised products to the music industry and designing courses for the Berklee Percussion Department. Henrique works with some of the biggest names in the TV industry, such as HBO and the commercial enterprises, to include writing original music for TV campaign with companies such as Victoria Secret and the Australian David Jones Department stores. He also recorded and toured nationally and internationally with the acclaimed USAFA (United States Air Force Academy) Falconaires Contemporary Big Band, and The USAFA rock band Blue Steel. Henrique has performed several times at the prestigious Carnegie Hall. He writes articles for Modern Drummer Magazine, performs at music conferences such as PASIC (Percussive Arts Society International Convention), JEN (Jazz Educators Network), and numerous Jazz Festivals around the world. Henrique has performed for The President of the United States, Vice President, and Secretary of Defense. He has performed with an enormous range of artists: David Ellefson (Megadeth), Victor Wooten ( Bela Fleck & The FleckTones) Steve Hunt (Allan Holdsworth), Dave Samuels (Spyro Gyra) Jerry Bergonzi, Pop Star Gloria Estefan, Nat Adderley, Bill Cosby, Dave Valentin, Tiger Okoshy, Larry Coryell, Jeff Berlin, Nelson Rangel, Jeff Narell, Ira Sullivan, Victor Mendonza, Danilo Perez, Phil Wilson, Baron Brown (Vital Information & Steps Ahead), Matt Garrison (John McLaughlin) , Bill Summers (The Head Hunters) Betty Carter, Nando Lauria, (Pat Metheny Group) Brazilian Pop Stars: Alceu Valenca, Gilberto Gill, Raul De Souza, Luiz Gonzaga, Hermeto Paschoal, Katy Webster, among many others.
Want to study with Henrique? Check out TheDrumSetCoach.com!