2018 Kerope Zildjian Concert Percussion Scholarship
The Zildjian family is pleased to announce the twelfth annual Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition. This scholarship recognizes an outstanding student percussionist, who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate music program.
At the same time, establishing this scholarship is an opportunity for the family to pay tribute to Kerope, who presided over one of the most-storied periods in Zildjian history. From 1865 until his death in 1909 in Constantinople, Kerope continued to develop the classic K. Zildjian sound, coveted by the world’s greatest percussionists. In memory of Kerope’s deep commitment to the art of craftsmanship, the Zildjian family established this scholarship to encourage and reward percussionists in their pursuit of performing excellence.
The Scholarship winner will receive the following:
- A $3,000 college tuition award
- A $500 travel allowance to visit Zildjian’s world headquarters
- A variety of complimentary cymbals
WHO is eligible?
The Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition is open to all undergraduate music students worldwide. You must be enrolled for undergraduate full time study at a college or university for the Fall 2018 semester. Previous Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition winners are not eligible.
WHAT to send
Your entry must include three (3) items:
1. Zildjian Scholarship Entry Form and CD contents form
2. Current one page resume
3. Two identical copies of a high quality CD format recording, not to exceed 15 minutes in total length. Pleaes include your phone number on the CD. Any CD over 15 minutes will not be accepted. Other audio formats will not be accepted.
The recording must include the following:
- An advanced snare drum etude or solo of the applicant’s choice.
- A four-mallet marimba solo of the applicant’s choice – with or without piano accompaniment. Solos with other instrument accompaniment will NOT be accepted. Vibe solos will also not be accepted. The etude will be available during the application process in 2018.
WHERE do I send my application?
Please send all materials during the application process window to:
2018 Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition
Attn: Keith Aleo
22 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
1. DO NOT LABEL YOUR CD. All CD’s must be unmarked with the exception of entrant’s phone number. Please include complete contact information and a listing of works performed on the jacket of the CD recording, not on the actual CD.
2. CD’s cannot be returned, and will be destroyed after the results are announced.
3. Disqualification will occur if applicant’s recording exceeds 15 minutes.
4. Recordings and resumes will be evaluated and a group of finalists will be selected. Finalist’s CD’s will be numbered (to ensure anonymity) and a winner will be selected solely on playing ability.
5. All winners will be required to verify age and undergraduate status.
When’s it due?
Application materials must be postmarked by Friday June 22th, 2018. Winner will be notified via phone by Friday August 24, 2018, all others will be notified by mail to their permanent home address or via email.
For questions and/or additional information, contact: Keith Aleo at: email@example.com
RULES AND REGULATIONS
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the Kerope Zildjian Scholarship Competition. Applications cannot be returned. Late applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered valid. Employees of Zildjian and their families, Zildjian Distributors and Zildjian Retailers are not eligible. Odds of winning dependent upon the number of applications received. All prizes won by minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardians on their behalf. Entry constitutes permission to use entrant's name, photograph, likeness, voice, and address (city and state) and testimonials in all media, in perpetuity, in any manner Zildjian deems appropriate for publicity purposes without any further compensation to such applicant. The names, logos and icons identifying the products and services of Zildjian are proprietary marks thereof. All rights reserved. Rules are subject to change at any time without notice.