College Professor, Drummer & Percussionist Tom Hurst is and adjunct teaching applied commercial percussion at the University of North Alabama, Lee University & Tennessee State University. Tom currently performs as a Subsitute for Steve Ferrone & Jim Riley with pop supergroup Generation Radio (featuring members of Chicago and Rascal Flatts) and Mark Trojanowski of Sister Hazel with whom he appears on many of the latter groups albums. Tom is the co-founder and owner of the Infinity Percussion of WGI performance ensembles.
Additionally, Tom has been a tour and recording drummer for a wide range of national recording artists for almost three decades including: The Backstreet Boys, Wang Chung, Tracy Lawrence, Gary Allan, James Otto, Joe Nichols, Easton Corbin, Lee Brice, Josh Thompson, Damon Johnson of Alice Cooper/Brother Cain, Peter Noon of Herman’s Hermits, American Idol alum’/Lyric Street Recording Artist: Bucky Covington, 80’s Pop Star Tiffany, Chuck Wicks, Trent Tomlinson, Jedd Hughes, Shelly Fairchild and many others. In recent years Tom has served as the House Band Drummer on CBS’ presentation of the 2022 CMT Awards.
Tom’s Recorded Performance Discography number well over 100 albums across a wide-range of regional and national artists including: Tracy Lawrence, Fleetwood Mac, Sister Hazel, Amy Dalley, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Danny Wuerffel, Desire Ministries and numerous Nashville custom projects
PERFORMER, WALT DISNEY WORLD, ORLANDO, FL — 1987-2006
- Status “Casual Temporary” formerly Substitute Musician for various shows across the Disney properties multiple resorts
- Member of EPCOT Center’s Future Corps, Future World Brass and T-Bone Brass
- Recorded popular release “The Future of Corps”, 1990.
- Substitute Member of Animal Kingdom’s Village Beatniks, substitute drum set for EPCOT Center’s “Candlelight”
- Student musician at Magic Kingdom circa 1985-1987
- Youngest full time musician on Disney property (over 300 performing musicians at the time) in 1987